Genco Roofing - Doing Our Part To Help Protect The Environment
In some circles, "Green Roofing" means "a vegetative roof." But in fact, the term "green roofing" really refers to a roofing system that's sustainable. That is, it provides many of the long-term environmental benefits that building owners and managers are seeking for their high-performance commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
Genco Roofing is dedicated to protecting the environment thru the use of energy efficient roofing products/roofing systems. We support manufactures that produce their products in compliance with the LEED and Green Globes programs as well as Energy Star and CRRC guidelines. For more information about our roofing products go to our Roofing Products Page and click on a company logo.
Courtesy Of Duro-Last Roofing®
This is what we mean when we say "Green"
• Green roofing is cool. It has high reflectivity and emissivity values that reduce the amount of heat transferred into a building. This translates into reduced energy costs (in virtually all climates) and increased comfort level and productivity for building occupants.
• Green roofing is lightweight. It requires less fuel to transport to the jobsite than other roofing systems. In many cases, it can be installed over an existing roof without an expensive and land-filling tear-off.
• Green roofing is solar-ready. It can accommodate the wide variety of rooftop photovoltaic equipment that's available today. A green roof membrane is also an important part of a vegetative roof installation. Regardless of what you're installing on top of it, a green roof is part of a complete sustainable rooftop system.
• Green roofing uses environmentally-friendly processes. Manufacturing a green roof requires less energy than other roofing materials, plus minimizes scrap. The scrap that is produced is recycled back into production. Installation creates little material waste, and the roof is recyclable at the end of its useful life on the rooftop.
• A green roof is one that can help facilities obtain credits toward the US Green Building Council's LEED and LEED-EB certification. The LEED program and a similar program called Green Globes are well-established and aid specifiers in the high-performance building design process. Both also recognize the installation of high performance roofing systems. Manufacturers of green roofs also are recognized by the EPA's ENERGY STAR® Roof Products Program and the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC).
The Duro-Last Cool Zone® roofing systems are green because they meet all these criteria - and more.
Before the Great Recession hit, Arizona’s economy was booming. Total employment grew more than 20 percent during the seven years leading to its prerecession high, while national employment grew by just over 5 percent. With a strong economy, growing investment and favorable weather conditions, new residents flocked to Arizona a record rates. Rapid population growth fueled demand for housing and related services and created expectations that the boom would continue to strengthen. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the boom turned to bust as values became stretched and credit eventually tightened, leading to a painful crash. Nonfarm payrolls dropped 11.7 percent from peak to trough, and today remain 6.5 percent below their prerecession levels. By comparison, U.S. payrolls declined 6.3 percent from their prerecession peak at the worst of the recession. Home prices plummeted, and residential construction came to a screeching halt. While this story is well known, Arizona turned a new chapter in 2013. Although it still has a long way to go, year-over-year residential construction growth has exceeded the national pace for the past two years. The forecast is for continued growth at a slow pace over the next 5 years. With the residential market improving and property values increasing this might be the right time to consider the home improvements that you postponed during the market crash. Genco Roofing is a full service licensed roofing contractor. So, if you're considering building a new home, remodeling your existing home or just need a new roof, call us today to schedule a free initial consultation.